Friday 22 April 2011

Belief

be·lieve

  
verb, -lieved, -liev·ing.
[bih-leev]
–verb (used without object)
1.
to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or thereliability of something, although without absolute proof thatone is right in doing so: Only if one believes in somethingcan one act purposefully.
–verb (used with object)
2.
to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positiveassertion, story, etc.); give credence to.
3.
to have confidence in the assertions of (a person).
4.
to have a conviction that (a person or thing) is, has been, orwill be engaged in a given action or involved in a givensituation: The fugitive is believed to be headed for theMexican border.
5.
to suppose or assume; understand (usually followed by anoun clause): I believe that he has left town.


6.
believe in,
a.
to be persuaded of the truth or existence of: to believein Zoroastrianism; to believe in ghosts.
b.
to have faith in the reliability, honesty, benevolence,etc., of: I can help only if you believe in me.


7.
make believe. 




Watched the kids movie, 'Tinkerbell, The great fairy rescue' the other night. I used to adore the concept of fairies and belief, I love the line from peter pan,

 "I do believe in faries I do, I do."




I love the thought of unicorns and mermaids and other dreamy creatures. 
if only fairy tales did exist! 

but with bigger things, it's hard to know whats real and what isn't

it all comes down to what you choose is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting! x